I have begun my next writing project on the topic, Raising Girls. It is a huge undertaking, and I can’t do it without your help! So, please share your thoughts.
Believe me when I say this…I am terrified of tackling this topic. I need you to know right from the get-go, I am not an expert, and I have not done it all right. I can’t give you a formula to have it all turns out pretty. Goodness, there were days I would stand water drenched in the shower not knowing if it was the shower head or the waterfall of tears streaming down my face as I would ask God, “can we start this whole parenting thing over, again?”
I am not sure where you find yourself. You could be expecting your first bundle of joy, you could be multiple kids into this parenting thing or you may be through the parenting season and finding yourself praying for your adult daughter or daughter-in-law. And just for the record, you are never really out of the parenting scene, it just looks different as they leave the nest.
Here are some possible topics the book will unpack:
- You Be the Difference
- It’s Not All About Me – It’s a Sacrifice
- Perfection – Proverbs 31 woman
- Lady-Likeness (teaching them etiquette)
- Dolls vs Motorbikes (the difference between your kids and how to adjust your parenting)
- Am I the child? (sometimes we revert to their age)
- It take two (fathers and their daughters)
- It take more than two (the importance of other women in your girl’s lives)
- Mirror, mirror on the wall (obsession with beauty and true Identity)
- Mean Girls
- The Middle Years
- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (the dating years)
- Befriending your Daughter
- Your Legacy
- Empty Nest
- Diapers to Diamonds (preparing them for the other man and marriage)
So here is where you come in. (Leave a comment at the end of this post)
It would be helpful to know:
- What you wish the younger you would have known about parenting.
- What helpful insights your mom passed down to you.
- What you are doing to pass down Biblical womanhood to your daughter.
- Additional topics.
- Regrets or topics you wished you discussed more with your parents or with your children.
- Any additional thoughts you have that would be helpful for this topic.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help with this project. It truly is a group effort. In each chapter there will be practical excerpts from women just like you and me; women who have walked this journey ahead of you and want to pour into the next generation.
Please pray for me with every stroke of the pen and type of the finger that God will be glorified, and that He will give me the words to use along with biblical and practical application.
If you would prefer to email me: email@example.com