If you are like me, at times, you want to hurry God along in His process. That was me some (14) years ago when I felt God calling me into a speaking ministry to women. But through a tough lesson, God wanted me to be willing to speak to one woman not a multitude of women. When I finally bent the knee to His plan, that was when God began to use me and yes, it was to one woman and it was just what He ordered.
Did His calling on my life seem to take longer than I anticipated? Yes, but through the waiting, I came to know God in a deeper way. He showed me more about Himself and I realized that the preparation time was necessary for this season of my life. One thing I know is that we are always learning More about Him as we journey.
As I reflected on the different people from the Bible that had to wait, I was encouraged in my own journey with God.
- Noah built the ark for 120 years before the flood came
- Moses was in the dessert for 40 years
- Jacob worked for Rachel for 14 years
- David in the wilderness before he became King/22 years after Samuel anointed him King
- Solomon took 7 years to build the Temple
- Joseph in prison before salvation for his family
- Joshua in the wings of Moses before his leadership
- Jeremiah is still waiting
- Paul away with God for training for 3 years before he went to the disciples
- The prophets anticipation of the Messiah
- Us waiting for the glorious return of Christ
Remember Sarah and Abraham’s long awaited birth of Isaac? God’s very words in Genesis 21:2 It all happened at the time God had said it would.
Ladies, God has a plan for you and His timing is perfect! The wait is worth the journey.
As I was praying about moving forward with God, I was watching Charles Stanley on TV. Stanley said, “It is easy to obey God when we understand, but will we obey God when we don’t understand?” Wow, that was what I had been waiting to hear from God for over a year as I struggled for the green light. I don’t pretend to understand where God is taking me, just as you don’t understand at times. If we knew it all, we wouldn’t need God, now would we? All things are in His timing!
As you move forward with me, I covet your prayers and I am thankful for all your encouragement. God willing, this fall as both my daughters head off to college, there will be a stillness in our home. My hope is to begin to write a Bible study that I will be able to share with you .
I would hear from God.
Use my time wisely.
God will be bigger than loneliness.
Teach me more about Him.
Journeying with Him,