Do you ever listen to a message and think, I wish so-and-so was listening to this? We all do it! And most times, in all reality, the message is really speaking to you! Well, in second Timothy, we see Paul mentoring Timothy as Timothy oversees the church in Ephesus. Paul encourages Timothy. Timothy is then told to entrust all that he learned to faithful men and those men will then pass on their learnings. However, it begins with you! You are Younique in God’s eyes and He wants you to hear the message first. Be inspired, transformed, and encouraged. Yes, it starts with you…Together, let’s look at some of the You charges Paul give us in the book of 2 Timothy. For once, it is all about you.
Youniquely, you are one of a kind and are the apple of God’s eye (Psalm 17:8). And He wants you to live to your fullest ability and expect God to do far more abundantly beyond all that you ask or think, according to the power that works in you (Ephesians 3:20).
7 You Charges
- Second Timothy 1:6 For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
- Second Timothy 1:14 Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.
- Second Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
- Second Timothy 3:10 Now you followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, perseverance
- Second Timothy 4:1-2 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
- Second Timothy 4;5 But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
- Second Timothy 4: 22 The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.
I hope you will personally take these charges to heart because God wants to YOUniquely use you right where you are. He wants you to be an example to those around you; make a difference in your community, church, and workplace.
From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
Now, you go be the difference in someone’s life today.
Journeying with Him,